Friday, 9 March 2012

Keep Colchester Cycling

Sketchbook photos showing the process of the idea for Keep Colchester Cycling. The brief was to come up with an idea or ideas for a 20" MiniWheeler. I decided to keep the idea close, taking inspiration from the Army Barracks in Colchester. 

I decided to use toy soldiers as a pattern for the bike frame. It was only in photoshop and experimenting that if I layer it, it produces a camouflage effect. So I decided to change the colour of each layer to create the camo look e.g. green, black, yellows ect. 



Looking at army imagery helped me to produce and come up with ideas for the overall look of the bike



Here I made a stencil to see if it could be applied to a stencil format. It can work however it needs development before its finalised. 


The type face used 'Capture It' web found type from dafont.com, however this can be applied to a bike by cutting it out and sprayed which I was thinking more about and the visual look would suggest that army look. 



Coming up with the crest design was hard, as I knew what I wanted to archive with the shape however getting the colour to look right wasn't so simple. Trying to produce the solider to look like a paratrooper was difficult due to the shape, and the alining wasn't working so well. I decided to take inspiration from the Parachute Regiment logo and incorporate it with the '20' reflecting the bikes name. I then changed the wording to Colchester MiniWheeler Division for a quirky touch.  


No comments:

Post a Comment